- Basic knowledge about CBD
- Medical researches on finding benefits of CBD on health
- How to take CBD
- States that have made CBD products legal
- How to find quality CBD oil
Most of the people suffering from anxiety issues in their life do not prefer to take medicines, due to the side effects. Today, most of the recreational drug users have shown their interest in buying CBD products. Whether it is your colleague who needs to control anxiety or your neighbor who needs to reduce chronic pain, most of the CBD users find the product effective. Today, one can buy CBD oil easily in some states of the country. Now if you wonder why CBD has proved magical and how it can help you then here are a few basic things that you should know about it.
What You Should Know About CBD?
- CBD is also known as cannabidiol, which is one of the compounds found in marijuana or cannabis plant. The compound that makes the users high is THC. It has psychoactive effects. Both THC and CBD compounds present in the cannabis plant, but most industrial products including CBD oil do not contain THC. In short, CBD oil consumption does not make you high.
- As it was legalized in a number of states, a bunch of companies started producing CBD oil. However, it is not approved by the FDA to sell as dietary products. It is difficult to find the top-notch quality products and consumers mostly depend for quality when they buy products from government licensed stores.
Scientific Studies Have Shown Promising Results, But Further Studies Are On Going:
- FDA does not allow companies to market and sell CBD products as dietary supplements. They notified a number of companies to ensure that the products sold by them do not get promoted as curing, treatment, mitigation or prevention of disease.
- The companies selling CBD products cannot mention health benefits in their products, but the demand for CBD oil is increasingly high among people. They use this product for reducing chronic pain, controlling stress, reducing anxiety and also for treating insomnia. A survey claimed that most of the people buying CBD oil are facing moderate to severe anxiety issues.
The Science Of CBD Benefits:
- There have been a number of clinical studies carried out by the researchers in past. Most of the scientific studies conducted on animals have found promising results. However, the results are not enough to reach the conclusion of purported effects if CBD oil.
- However, the studies have established the basic links between CBD and its effects of reducing anxiety as well as chronic pain. There are still some studies going on to find the benefits of CBD in reducing pain for those who are taking cancer treatment.
How to take CBD?
- CBD oil can be taken orally. It is also available in the market as inhaler and vape. If you have purchased the product then it is important that you go through the dosing instructions that comes along and then follow it. Do not make decisions on your own.
- The ideal way is to start with a low CBD dose and you can increase the dosage gradually as per the requirement. It is better to use it in moderation.
- If you are taking CBD oil to get comfort from any specific health issue then it is better to consult your family doctor and take advise on the same.
Is It Legal?
- Different states of the countries have implemented different laws when it comes to CBD oil. DEA considers CBD illegal under federal law, but there is a number of states where one can find CBD products for treating health issues.
Today, there are sixteen states in the country that practices “CBD-only”, which makes it available only for medical use. There are 29 states where you can find medical marijuana, including CBD legally. It is only available for recreational use.
- CBD products cannot be marketed to treat any medical conditions as per FDA, but the scenario can be changed in near future as a CBD based drug, Epidiolex has received approval by FDA in Kentucky.
This might lead DEA to reclassify either marijuana or CBD. It is also rumored that Epidiolex will be scheduled as a Schedule 4 drug, just like Valium, Klonopin, Xanax, and Ativan.
How To Find Quality CBD Products:
- It is true that not every CBD product available in the market comes with the required percentage. These products do not get reviews by FDA until they are available in the market. Only those states that have legally available marijuana for adults regulated the lab testing for CBD sold in dispensaries. If you are buying it online then take reviews or ratings given by users into account and if you find them satisfactory then you can place your order.
States that regulated lab testing for CBD oil:
- Washington D.C
- During 2015 and 2016, under the guidance of FDA, the percentage in CBD products were tested and the results were shocking as many of the brands found to have no CBD at all.
- A survey found that six percent users approach health shops for buying CBD products, while the ratio of buying CBD from smoke shops is twenty-one percent. A number of people purchased it directly from the doctor’s office is only one percent.
Important Points to Remember:
- A number of scientific studies have found results that back the benefits of CBD on human health. However, it needs further researches to reach any final conclusion.
- Most users take CBD oil to reduce symptoms of anxiety, treating insomnia, and also for pain killing from inflammation.
- According to DEA, CBD should be considered a schedule 1 drug, but there is a number of states that have legalized its selling.
- There are still no perfect quality products available in the market as large as it should be. In the test during 2015 and 2016, FDA has found some of the products with absolutely no CBD.
- The perfect place to get CBD is the dispensaries with the license issued by the states. If you are buying online, then proper research is required.
- Today, there are a number of online stores that can cater to your requirement of CBD oil. It should not consider that all the online stores selling such products are not trustworthy. By spending some time on online research, you can easily find a reliable brand and buy the best CBD oil.
As there are still concrete proofs required to make CBD easily available across the country, those who have started using the genuine products found it really helpful. It is a natural source to treat many common health conditions including anxiety, chronic pain and stress and people try to avoid using chemically based medicines to reduce the risk of side effects. There is no need to leave life in anxiety and pain when there is a solution available. You just need to wait for some time until the lab-tested quality CBD products easily available to you or you can just do some research and start taking it with a low dosage.