Hemp oil and CBD oil are similar in some ways but there are some important differences between hemp oil vs CBD oil. Although, knowing the difference is vitally important because their use varies drastically.
CBD oil is the short form of cannabidiol oil which is a natural component of industrial cannabis or hemp. CBD oil is the cannabis oil that has a significant content of cannabidiol. CBD oil is extracted from flowers, leaves, and stalks of hemp while the hemp oil is extracted from the seeds of hemp.
Let’s have a detailed look at Hemp Oil Vs CBD Oil.
What is Hemp Oil?
Hemp oil is extracted from hemp plant. In other words, hemp oil is extracted from the seeds of the hemp plant which is mentioned earlier. However, this oil can also be extracted from all plants in the cannabis genus but industrial plants are the only ones used to extract hemp oil. This type of hemp is specially produced industrially and the number of psychoactive substances contained is minimal.
Uses of Hemp Oil
- You won’t believe but hemp oil is great for cooking and is full of nutrients. It provides a crispy and nutty taste to food and can be a wonderful replacement for olive oil in salads.
- Hemp oil can also be used as a great moisturiser which can be used after showers.
- It can also be used as a base for different forms of plastic instead of petroleum.
- It can also be used as a bio-diesel fuel just like other vegetable oils.
- In the end, hemp oil is also used for making lotions, soaps, and many more!
Benefits of Hemp Oil
- Hemp oil contains essential fatty acids including DHA which is required for brain development. DHA is not only important for the brain but is important for retina of eyes as well.
- It also has a ratio of 3:1 of Omega-6 to Omega-3 fatty acids that are known to support heart health and promote proper cardiovascular function.
- Hemp oil is also a rich source of gamma-linolic acid (GLA) which is useful in helping the body balance hormones.
- The essential fatty acids in hemp oil have been promoting healthy flora in the intestines and support immune system response and function.
What is CBD Oil?
As mentioned earlier it is the short form of cannabidiol oil which is a natural component of industrial cannabis or hemp. CBD oil is very popular in the medical marijuana industry. Moreover, CBD oil is helpful in the treatment of various conditions without the typical intoxicating effects of marijuana use.
Uses of CBD Oil
- CBD oil is known to use in the treatment of cancer and other health conditions like inflammatory disorders, anxiety, depression, seizures, and neurodegenerative disorders.
- CBD oil can also be used in the treatment of epilepsy.
Benefits of CBD Oil
- One of the best health benefits of CBD oil is its pain-relieving effects. CBD interacts with receptors in the brain and immune system to reduce inflammation and alleviate pain.
- Another great benefit of CBD oil is that it has anti-seizure properties.
- The best of them all is that CBD has the power to fight cancer cells! This is because CBD and some other compounds found in cannabis have antitumor effects that can amplify the death of tumor cells!