CBD is also known as Cannabidiol and it is extracted from cannabis plants. The demand for CBD products is increasing every day due to its health benefits. CBD is available in different forms, but CBD oil is in high demand. There are different methods of using CBD oil. Among all users, most of them are using CBD oil for anxiety issues.
Along with reducing anxiety symptoms, it is also used for treating depression. However, in both the cases, more medicinal studies are required. The studies carried out so far have shown progressive results.
Why one should use CBD oil for anxiety disorder?
- Cannabis has been used for years in many cultures across the world for its relaxing effects. Anxiety makes the patient hyper and so cannabis used to tone anxiety and feel more at ease.
- Marijuana makes the user high, however, CBD which is one of the compounds found in marijuana plant does not leave you high, but it only gives you a relaxed feeling.
- There are a number of studies carried out and some of the studies observed that cannabis has the potential to reduce symptoms of anxiety disorder. Researches on CBD oil are on primary base, but so far researchers have noted more positive effects than side effects of using CBD oil.
- A study carried out in 2010, involved the brain scan of participants shown that it CBD alters the blood flow in the area of the brain which is connected to cause anxiety. The observation was that CBD is not only made the users feel good, but it also changed their brains’ reaction to anxiety.
- Another study conducted in 2011 found that CBD might help to take care of social anxiety. In this study, the participants were supposed to give a speech in public.
- The studies were also carried out on animals and one of such studies carried out in 2014, noted that CBD oil is promising to reduce symptoms of both anxiety and depression.
- A 2015 analysis of previous studies carried out by the experts noted that CBD oil seems an excellent natural cure for treating the following conditions:
- Social anxiety disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder and
- Panic disorder
How using CBD oil for depression is helpful?
- Our brain has a natural mood stabilizer known as Serotonin. A number of studies have noted that CBD oil might be helpful to reduce depression. Serotonin is produced by receptor 5-HT1A and using CBD oil makes it production more effective. This helps to maintain sufficient levels of Serotonin in the body.
- Serotonin impacts on emotions and enables the person to have a better sleep, better digestion and have control over emotions. When the Serotonin levels are not sufficient in the body, it might cause depression. The use of CBD oil boosts the Serotonin production and reduce the symptoms of depression.
- CBD oil also impacts the hippocampus. Hippocampus is a small part of the brain which drives out nervous system. Our major emotions including pleasure, fear, and anger are controlled by this system. It also drives hunger, sex, and empathy for others.
- Experts have noted that hippocampus becomes smaller in the patient of anxiety or depression or both. CBD oil works as a stimulator for creating new neurons. This indicates that one can use CBD oil for depression.
Whether you are suffering from the anxiety disorder or you are going through depression, CBD oil might help you to leave a better and healthier life. The effects of CBD varied from person to person. It depends on the body weight of the person, the amount of dosage, age, use of other drugs with it and so forth. When you buy CBD oil for anxiety or depression, you should buy it from a genuine vendor.