- How CBD is helpful to reduce the symptoms of chemotherapy?
- How it treats nausea perfectly?
- The usefulness of CBD in treating pain and inflammation
- How it helps in appetite loss?
- The benefits of CBD in treating depression and anxiety
- Does it induce cancer cells death?
Cancer patients need to find an effective way to manage pain symptoms that come along with the treatment. If you or someone you care about is diagnosed with cancer then it becomes your top priority to manage the pain. It is a stressful and difficult process that one needs to go through. Nearly all the patients need to take chemotherapy as it kills the cancer cells. However, the side effects are also inevitable. There are different ways to find relief from such pain. One of them is to use CBD oil for cancer.
The ratio of people getting diagnosed with cancer every year in the United States is significantly high. Out of these patients, there is a very small group of people find the right way to reduce the pain. It is important to note that cannabis has proved to be effective in reducing cancer-related pain. Though there is still a requirement of scientific studies to reach a firm conclusion, users are finding it really helpful in managing the cancer-related pain. One of the components of cannabis is CBD and it helps you to reduce the symptoms.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT CBD?
- It is the main ingredient in CBD hemp oil. Along with CBD, THC is also one of the compounds found in the cannabis plant. Now it is important to know that cannabinoids are legal across the US for industrial purposes and one can easily avail the CBD products. The main feature of CBD is that it does not have any psychoactive effects on the user.
THE POPULARITY OF CBD:
- In many ancient cultures including Indian, Chinese, Egyptians, Persians, Greeks, and number of others had been using hemp for their prime source of medicines.
- Now the science has also taken interest in proving the benefits of CBD and there is now a number of scientific studies carried out.
HOW DOES CBD REDUCE THE SYMPTOMS CAUSED BY CHEMOTHERAPY?
- Cancer patients do not suffer from pain due to cancer, but the therapy they take for treating the condition leaves them with unbearable pain. Chemotherapy is one of the reasons for causing such pain. However, it is also important to take chemotherapy to kill the cancer cells, but the process also kills healthy cells in the body.
- This can lead to a number of problems for the person who is taking chemotherapy. The common symptoms of pain due to the treatment are nausea, loss of appetite, insomnia, etc. Such condition also makes the person prone to develop anxiety and depression.
CBD HELPS TO REDUCE ALL THE SYMPTOMS:
- In 2013, a study published in the British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, researchers noted the positive effects of CBD in patients under cancer treatment. They observed the following features about CBD:
- Anticonvulsant, and
Here are the side effects of cancer treatment and how CBD oil can help to reduce the symptoms:
- Nausea is one of the most common problems that patients taking chemotherapy suffers from. The symptoms depend on factors such as a number of chemotherapy given to the patient, how the medications have been given and whether the patient is on any other drugs during the treatment. The major complaint is nausea. It leaves the patient with illness and to for many to deal with it is very difficult.
HOW CBD IS HELPFUL TO TREAT NAUSEA:
- CBD has proved beneficial to those who want to treat nausea and vomiting. Many studies carried out on animals have found positive results as CBD helps to settle the stomach. In recent years, the number of people of using CBD to settle their stomachs has been increased. CBD is natural and so does not have side effects that come with other medications and treatments.
IT REDUCES PAIN AND INFLAMMATION:
- Serious pain and inflammation are also inevitable for the patients taking chemotherapy. When patients take radiation they suffer from inflammation and this can cause lots of stress to the body.
- Many patients also feel burning and stinging on the injection spot where the chemo drug enters the skin. This is the most advanced method to treat cancer, but it has some side effects. Now let’s see how CBD can help to reduce these side effects.
- CBD has proved to be effective in affecting pain pathways in nerves by attaching to receptors like CB1. Your brain stops receiving the pain signals and thus you don’t feel any pain and feel comfortable after treatment.
CBD CAN HELP YOU TO CURE APPETITE LOSS:
- Nausea significantly alters the eating habit of the patient. It becomes difficult for a patient to consume food manually. It also prevents them to eat regular food they love and they lose the common taste of the food, making them sad for the condition they are in. CBD is helpful in treating such symptoms. It reduces nausea and also calms your nervous system.
TREATS DEPRESSION AND ANXIETY:
- Cancer patients also suffer from mental illness along with physical pain. All of a sudden there are drastic changes in the patient’s life including taking radiation and taking other sorts of care. This also affects their mental health.
- CBD oil is known to affect the certain area of the brain such as emotion centers. It helps the patient to be out of negative feelings and allow them to have a better psychological health.
INDUCES CANCER CELL DEATH:
- Some of the results have also indicated that CBD is also effective in inducing cancer cell death. However, there is a need for lots of studies to reach on a firm conclusion, but so far the results are quite promising.
- Leukemia cells have cannabinoid receptors in the significant amount, like receptor CB2. The protein on the receptors identify the CBD and make way for it to land on cells and to attach to it. This means that our body recognizes the cannabinoids from inside. So it indicates that it can kill the cancer cells without killing the healthy cells of the body.
- It implies that CBD can help in reducing the symptoms of cancer. If this is possible then science has a lot to explore in this direction. It is possible that in the future, cannabinoids can replace the requirement of chemotherapy in the future.
- It may take a while, but all we can do is to hope for the best. It is also possible that we can see the firm conclusion of the same matter in near future. It may help in preventing cancer.
OTHER BENEFITS OF CBD:
- There have been a number of studies carried out in the past that observed the positive effects of CBD on human health, especially to reduce the growth of cancer cells and prevent the tumor from growing again in the body.
- There is still a requirement for more studies and we can only hope for the best. However, until we reach the conclusion, we can use CBD as it is not harmful. Apart from treating cancer, it helps us in more ways to live a healthy life.